To be processed by the miR Scientific lab, urine specimens need to be maintained between -10°C to 8°C (>14°F to <46.4°F) with no more than a single freeze-to-thaw cycle from the time they have been produced by the patient until they have been received at the lab. Without the ability to freeze the provided Collection Kit’s gel packs, the specimen’s temperature integrity will not be ensured, and it is likely that the specimen will be rejected by the miR Scientific laboratory.
Articles in this section
- What does the Collection Kit include?
- Why are the Collection Kits insulated?
- Can I use my own urine cups or tubes?
- Do Collection Kits expire?
- Do I need a freezer?
- Does my patient need to fast or take any other measures prior to taking the test?
- Does my patient need to have a PSA Test, Biopsy, or Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) prior to taking the miR Sentinel™ Prostate Cancer Test?
- Is there a brochure available for view?
- What are the Collection Kit dimensions?
- What are the different Collection Kits available?